BLS is a piece of the world in Seville
If you share our passion for transmitting languages, then join our international team as an English Teacher!
Let’s make it happen… Apply here!
Our recruitment process is open all year long. To become part of BLS idiomas, send your application now by filling out the online form.
We can be reached at email@example.com
Get to know BLS
BLS is a well-established friendly language centre in Seville, founded in the year 2004 by two Spanish sisters, Eloísa and Sara Llorca.
BLS has almost 20 years of experience in quality language teaching. Enabling students to communicate in English, Arabic, French, German and Spanish. We offer learning to all levels: children from 3 years, teens and adults, in small groups of up to 10 students. The majority of our classes are taught in person but, we also offer lessons online.
Due to our belief that every student counts, BLS is trusted by its clients. We have our own BLS teaching method and a dedicated student follow up programme. Our desire is to be the centre of excellence for language learning in Seville, enabling students to attain the best results and get them accredited with internationally recognised certificates such as Cambridge English. To achieve this, you’ll combine dynamic, motivating classes with solid exam preparation.
Location, location, location!
BLS stands out for its desirable location and charming surroundings.
We operate from a house which is a listed building, based in the emblematic neighbourhood of Porvenir. Follow the scent of orange blossom to find us tucked behind Maria Luisa park and Plaza de España. There are excellent transport links by bus, metro, tram and train at just 5 minute walking distance.
Enjoy working in exterior facing classes with plenty of natural light, well-equipped with interactive technology and air-conditioning. Make the most of the wifi on our sunny terrace and patios for outdoor working.
For those who aren’t seasoned Sevillanos already, rest assured that living in this stunning city offers the opportunity to be fully immersed in authentic Spanish culture. Seville brings together all the Spanish clichés, providing a unique mix of tradition and modernity. It’s known for being a secure city with affordable prices and real quality of life. Living here, you’ll be sure to lap up the variety of cultures it has to offer. Seville is flamenco, history, art, gastronomy, tapas, sun and tourism.
BLS idiomas is the place for those who want to have a different experience, living and working in an international environment. Through our quality teaching, our team and students develop better work opportunities, freedom and the capacity to overcome challenges. At BLS they will make the world their home.
A place to grow
We care about our team, here you will develop professionally in a warm and supportive environment. Join 10-15 multicultural teachers of a variety of languages and be accompanied on your BLS journey by our academic department who are on hand to offer guidance (Coordinator and Director of Studies).
At BLS we never stop growing, you’ll benefit from ongoing training, both a paid induction and in-service which form part of our professional development programme and are tailored for teachers with varying levels of experience. You’ll participate in peer and developmental observations with constructive feedback. Alongside this, teachers have the opportunity to attend external seminars to stay at the forefront of teaching trends. As members of ACEIA (The Association of Language Schools for Andalusia) and FECEI (The National Federation of Private Language Schools in Spain), we are committed to delivering high standards.
More about the role:
- Text books and academic guides are provided. Teachers have access to our well-stocked library, digital books and online bank of custom resources
- The role includes teacher admin such as reports and attendance records
- Normally, classroom teaching is between 4:00pm-10:00pm Monday to Thursday
- Positions for the academic year from mid-September until late June
- Salary corresponds to number of teaching contact hours. Guaranteed minimum number of hours and base salary with the possibility of adding more hours (positions with fewer hours also available)
- Legal contract and general health coverage according to Spanish law, plus a medical check
- Fully paid holidays: two-week holiday at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and several days during the local fair (Feria de Sevilla). We also have all official local, regional and national holidays.
- Christmas and end of year celebration. This year we’re trying out water sports on the river!
What we’re looking for
We seek enthusiastic professionals, people who truly enjoy teaching with the ability to deliver dynamic, fun communicative classes while motivating their students. Teachers who have empathy and care about the progress of their individual students. Well-prepared classes and strong classroom management skills are essential.
You should have:
- At least one year’s experience teaching and the flexibility to work with, a wide variety of ages
- Knowledge of Cambridge exams (YLE, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE)
- C2 native level English
- EU passport or Spanish NIE / TIE holder
- a university degree and a recognised TEFL qualification